This is the modification of data of an enrolled Citizen or Legal Resident of age 16 years and above, when the need arises.
However, some fields in the data are non-updatable and cannot be modified.
The approved fee for a Change of Date of Birth request is N15,000.
Updatable Fields (approved)
- Date of Birth (carries a different fee, see above)
- Phone Number
- Place of Birth – State
- Place of Birth – LGA
- Place of Birth – Country (if different from Nigeria)
- Place of Origin – State
- Place of Origin – Town, Village
- Place of Origin – LGA
- Father’s NIN
- Father’s Town, Village of Origin
- Father’s State of Origin
- Father’s LGA of Origin
- Mother’s NIN
- Mother’s Town, Village of Origin
- Mother’s State of Origin
- Mother’s LGA of Origin
- State of Registration
- LGA of Registration
- Registration Centre
- Polling Unit
- Date of Death
- Date of Death Type
- Tracking Number
- Date of Registration
- Originating Centre
- Loading Centre
- ID Card Number
- Applicant’s Finger Print (Finger 1 to 10)
- Applicant’s Finger Print Reason (Finger 1 to 10)
- Applicant’s Signature
Mandatory requirements for data modification:
Applicants are to present
- the original copy of the NIN slip issued to them after the first registration
- the printout of the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number given at the bank after payment/ or a printout stating the payment details if the payment was made online
- an Application Letter duly signed by the applicant for change in the data fields he/she wishes to modify stating the reason
- the supporting document to back the proposed changes to be submitted accordingly.
Supporting Documents for Data Modification
Change of Name
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper Extract
- Marriage Certificate (in cases of marriage)
Change of Address
- Utility Bill
- Tenancy Agreement
- Bank Statement
- Community leader Attestation
Phone Number due to loss or mechanical damage
- Police Report
Level of Education
- Certificate obtained
Change of Occupation
- Offer Letter
Process of Modification (Adults):
- Applicants walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (including application letter).
- Applicant will be issued a data modification form to fill.
- Applicant data modification forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should come along with a person who can do the form filling for him.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information using the applicant monitor to check for errors.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics of the applicant will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction.
- The former NIN Slip will be retained by the enrolment officer if the modified data will affect details on the NIN slip.
- The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 2-5 working days or more, as it is subjected to speed of the network.
- A new National Identification Number Slip having the same NIN will be issued to the applicant after processing.
If the modification affects the information on the applicant’s card, the following process will take place:
- A card replacement form will be filled and the old National ID card retrieved.
The new/modified National e-ID Card will be issued to applicant within three (3) months after re-issuance of NIN slip.
Service Fee: N500 per field (except for Change of Date of Birth which is N15,000 for processing your request only – non-refundable). Payable through the NIMC into the TSA (CBN).
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Payment must be made before modification commences.
- Availability of network.
- Availability of NIMS Backend.
- Availability of power.
Visit www.remita.net to start the payment process.
Click on the option ‘Pay Bills‘.
Who do You want to Pay – type in ‘National Identity Management Commission‘.
Name of Service/Purpose – choose ‘Modification of any other field other than DOB‘ or ‘Correction of date of Birth‘.
Amount to Pay – will be set based on your choice in the step above.
Payer’s Name – type your full name.
Payer’s Phone – type your phone number.
Tick the ‘I am not a robot’ reCAPTCHA checkbox and click on the stated selection of images before clicking on the ‘Verify’ button.
Click on the ‘Submit’ icon to ͞proceed to payment.
A new page which is the invoice will come up which will display your RRR – Remita Retrieval Reference at the top of the page.
Print the invoice and take note of your RRR.
Choose any payment method convenient for you.
Option 1: ‘Card’.
Option 2: ‘Bank Branch’.
Option 3: ‘USSD’.
Option 4: ‘Internet Banking’
Option 5: ‘Wallet’.
Proceed to complete your transaction by clicking on the “Pay…’, ‘Print Invoice’ or ‘Continue’ button as suited to your preferred method.